During this meeting Dr. Perito was Faculty for two resident/fellow labs sponsored by Coloplast and held at the Boston BioSkills LAB and the Boston Convention Center. These labs combined comprised 8 rotations where residents and fellows got hands on experience practicing the “Minimally Invasive Penile Implant Technique”. These labs were followed up with Q&A sessions which allowed attendees additional time to ask specific questions about various aspects of the procedure.
During the meeting Dr. Perito spoke at the SMSNA (Sexual Medicine Society of North America’s) Committee meeting where he discussed “Pearls for Avoiding the Common Pitfalls of the Infrapubic Incision in Penile Prosthesis Surgery”.
Lastly, Dr. Perito co-chaired a course titled “Paradigm Changes in a 40-year old operation: Inflatable Penile Implant (IPP)” with Dr’s Steve Wilson and Robert Valenzuela.
Dr. Perito co-authored the following abstracts presented through either poster or podium presentation during this meeting.
- Abstract Title: “Distal Corporal Anchoring Stitch” a technique to address distal corporal crossovers and impending lateral extrusions of a penile prosthesis
- Abstract Title: New Data Regarding HIV Status as a Predictor of Postoperative IPP Infection
- Abstract Title: A Retrospective Analysis of the Influence of High Dose Gentamicin on IPP Infection Rates
- Abstract Title: New Data Regarding Penile Length After Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Implantation
- Abstract Title: The Efficacy of Durasphere as a New Agent for the Treatment of Hypermobile Galns