If medication is unsuccessful, a next step for treating erectile dysfunction (ED) is penile implant surgery. Dr. Paul Perito is a world-renowned implant surgeon and is the developer of the Perito Penile Implant.
Dr. Paul Perito discusses home care instructions following an inflatable penile prosthesis through an infrapubic approach. Instructions following said procedure include:
- Keeping the area clean and dry for 48 hours
- Any penile dressing should be removed after 24 hours.
- Ice should be applied for the first 5 days at least three times daily for 20 minutes each.
- Bulb drainage systems, if used for the first 23 hours, will be removed.
- A pressure bag will be placed on the pubic bone for the first 2 hours post-surgery.