Dr. Paul Perito discusses home care instructions following an inflatable penile prosthesis through an infrapubic approach. Instructions following said procedure include:
- Keeping the area clean and dry for 48 hours
- Any penile dressing should be removed after 24 hours.
- Ice should be applied for the first 5 days at least three times daily for 20 minutes each.
- Bulb drainage systems, if used for the first 23 hours, will be removed.
- A pressure bag will be placed on the pubic bone for the first 2 hours post-surgery.